Parent Liasons serve as a link between families and schools. They facilitate family-school communication, which empowers families to become more active partners in their children’s education.
The Role of Parent Liaisons
- Welcome and orient families to the school and the community and familiarizing families with the school’s culture, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Provide strategies parents can use to promote student achievement.
- Involve families that may not traditionally take part in school activities and events.
- Provide information to school staff that promotes understanding of students’ families and home cultures.
Typical tasks of parent liaisons include:
- Linking families to school professionals and community resources.
- Assistance with setting up conferences with teachers/counselor
- Tools to establish relationships and communication with the school
- Translation services
- Access to both on and off campus services
- Parent events and workshops series
Our Parent Liaisons:
Chinese: Xiaoxia Cathy Lan p: 469-5991 (Chinese, English) e: XiaoXia Lan
Spanish: Karla Diaz p: Office: (415)469-4736 Ex:1206
Direct: (415)948-6217 e: KDiaz@ymcasf.org