Family Liaisons serve as a link between families and schools. They facilitate family-school communication, which empowers families to become more active partners in their children’s education.
The Role of Parent Liaisons
- Welcome and orient families to the school and the community and familiarizing families with the school’s culture, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Provide strategies parents can use to promote student achievement.
- Involve families that may not traditionally take part in school activities and events.
- Provide information to school staff that promotes understanding of students’ families and home cultures.
Typical tasks of parent liaisons include:
- Linking families to school professionals and community resources.
- Assistance with setting up conferences with teachers/counselor
- Tools to establish relationships and communication with the school
- Interpret/Translation services
- Access to both on and off campus resources and services
- Family events and workshops series
Our Family Engagement and Liaison Team:
Chinese/English Speaking Family Liaison:
Calls/Text: 415-794-4638 | Email: Lanx@sfusd.edu
Spanish/English Speaking Family Liaison:
Calls/Text: 415-743-0925 | Email: Calderona@sfusd.edu
Calls/Text: 415-539-9810 | Email: Sanchezw@sfusd.edu