The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is run by parents elected to hold office, and is a great way to stay involved in your child’s school. You can help with school events and special projects, meet Monroe staff, and make new friends.
Please attend one of our upcoming General Meetings. See the school events calendar here.
Coffee, snacks, interpretation (Spanish and Cantonese), and childcare will be provided.
Our Executive/Planning Committee Meetings are open to all and are generally held in the evening on the Tuesday of the week prior to the week of the General Meeting. See the school events calendar here for the exact dates.
You may also contact us by email: Monroe PTA
What we do
- Promote parent and faculty involvement
- Sponsor a variety of activities for students and families
- Support a number of school activities through funding and volunteer time, including:
- Art Programs and Arts Coordinator
- Science Enrichment through Field Trips and the School Garden
- Community Events like Fall Fun Fest, Movie Nights and Lunar New Year Celebration
PTA Executives for 2017-2018
President Jennifer Lu
Treasurer Noah Butter
Secretary Dori Whelan
Director of Fundraising Frank La
Director of Grants Elisa McCannon
Director of Communications (vacant)
Director of Membership (vacant)